- 1 spray cooking spray
- 1 medium uncooked onion,chopped
- 2 medium uncooked carrot, coarsely grated
- 3/4 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 pound uncooked potato(es), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 29 fl oz reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 8 oz low fat cheddar or colby cheese
- Coat a medium-size nonstick pot with cooking spray; set over medium heat. Cook onions, stirring often, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in carrots, salt, pepper, paprika and mustard; cook, stirring a few times, until carrots begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes, broth and half-and-half; increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes; add cheese and stir until melted. Puree soup in pot using an immersion blender (or puree in batches using a regular blender). Yields about 1 heaping cup per serving.
Hello Everyone, I'm back with another monthly recipe for you all. I love ordering potato soup (Kartoffelsuppe). When I go out to eat at restaurants. So I decide to try and make my own. That would be more weight watcher friendly for me.
I find this potato soup recipe on the weight watchers website and decide to give it a try. I did change the broth in my recipe. Due to I couldn't find vegetable broth. So I used beef broth instead. Which the soup turn out amazing. Plus it was super easy to make.
1 serving=1 cup which is 4 weight watchers points.
HAVE A GREAT TUESDAY!