- 2 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 cups milk
- 5 cups shredded cheddar cheese (any kind, mild, medium or sharp), divided
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Package of Hot Dog (I used the organic kind)
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F (175 Degree C)
- Cook Macaroni according to the package for al dente
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat; stir in flour and salt until smooth
- Gradually whisk in the milk, bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thicken
- Reduce heat and stir in 3 cups of cheese and worcestershire until melted
- Drain macaroni and add to cheese sauce
- Transfer to a 9x9 pan and bake, uncover for 20 minutes, Top with rest of the cheese
- Bake for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Boil you hot dogs
- After hot dogs and macaroni is cooked, Add them together.
Hello Everyone. I'm back with another recipe of the month. This month I'm showing you all how to make mac n cheese with hot dogs. This is a dish my mother in law used to make all the time. When I was at her house.
My husband want mac n cheese one night. So I plan on making that for him. I happen to notice that we had a couple of hot dog in the fridge. So I asked him if he would like hot dog mac n cheese. Which he said yes. So there for I made Mac n Cheese with hot dogs. This dish sure reminds me of home. Its not the healthiest but it sure is a comfort food for us.
HAVE A GREAT TUESDAY!