- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (from the can or homemade)
- 1 cup canned tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 can black beans (15 oz, 425 g)
- 1/2 can garbanzo beans (7.5 oz, 212 g)
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- salt and pepper
1) In a large pot or skillet, cook chopped onion and minced garlic in olive oil for about 5 minutes on medium heat until soft.
2) Add pumpkin, canned tomatoes (chop them up into smaller chunks), vegetable stock (or water), black beans and garbanzo beans. Add half the cumin and half the chili powder, stir everything well, and season with salt and pepper. Taste your chili, season some more with salt and pepper if needed. Add the remaining cumin (or more) and remaining chili powder (or more), if desired. Bring to boil, make sure to stir all ingredients well together to combine flavors and spices. Reduce to simmer and cook for 20 minutes on simmer.
3) Serve in soup bowls, garnished with chopped green onion.
Hello Everyone. I'm back with another recipe of the month. I made this pumpkin chili a few weeks ago. For a board game night and it was a huge hit. I was making so much chili on this day that I run out of normal chili powder. So I used chipotle chili powder instead.
HAVE A GREAT MONDAY!