1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup uncooked long grain white rice
1 cup of water
6 green bell peppers
2(8oz) cans of tomato sauce
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 20 minutes. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until evenly browned.
- Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes of the bell peppers. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward. (Slice the bottoms of the peppers if necessary so that they will stand upright.)
- In a bowl, mix the browned beef, cooked rice, 1 can tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Mix the remaining tomato sauce and Italian seasoning in a bowl, and pour over the stuffed peppers.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, basting with sauce every 15 minutes, until the peppers are tender.
- Recipe from Allrecipe.com
Hello Everyone. It is that time again where I share a recipe that I have cooked. Hubby and I love stuffed peppers. We haven't had it in a long time. So we decided to have it for dinner one night last month. I went on my favorite website for recipes. Which it Allrecipes.com. I did make a couple changes to the recipe. Which is I used soy sauce instead of the Worcestershire sauce. Also I used a real onion instead of the powder and made 4 peppers instead of 6. We both had 1 for dinner and then the other one for lunch the next day.
I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT TUESDAY.